I had hoped to go through the series of posts on the Southern gentleman and the Boy Scout laws, oath, and motto without interruption. Current events have intervened and I feel compelled to comment on what has become commonplace in America – mob rule.
A recent shooting in Sanford, Florida (about an hour’s drive from my home – I used to work there as an engineer for a defense electronics company) has once again polarized America into a Black vs. White, Us vs. Them situation. First, let’s admit that none of us really knows what happened; God knows, but He isn’t talking at the moment. Here are a few of my own observations regarding the shooting of Trayvon Martin by George Zimmerman.
- The main stream media (MSM) is doing everything it can to whip people into a frenzy and to make the story fit their Leftist ideals. Not report the news – make the news.
- The MSM describes Zimmerman as White, when he is a man with a Hispanic mother (Peruvian) and a White father. Barack Hussein Obama is always referred to as “Black” because it is to the Left’s advantage to have a Black president. It is also to the Left’s advantage to call Zimmerman White rather than Hispanic.
- This is heading to an inevitable ending – Zimmerman will be arrested for something. When he is tried, everyone involved in the trial will know that mass rioting by Blacks will be the result if he is found not guilty. It is impossible for Zimmerman to have a fair trial.
- Martin is portrayed as an innocent little angelic child who was simply minding his own business and walking down the road with some iced tea and some candy. Really? Why was Martin visiting his father so far from his school on a school night? He had some free time because he had been suspended from school. Do you have any idea how bad someone has to be to get a five-day suspension (some sources say ten days) from a public school in Miami? For a Black male to be suspended from a public school? Do a search on that and see for yourself just how little that was reported, yet you will find all sorts of circumstantial details about Zimmerman not related to the shooting.
- Aside from being “unarmed” and “carrying only some iced tea and some Skittles”, the media seldom points out that he was a 6’3″ 140 pound football player. Dressing in a “hoodie” that is the “in” fashion among the Black gangster crowd, is just glossed over or even used as a rallying point. “Hoodies” are worn by thugs precisely because it helps hide their identity while they commit their crimes. While it certainly isn’t a crime to wear a “hoodie”, symbolically aligning oneself with thugs clearly says something about one’s character and personality.
- Zimmerman, on the other hand, is shown only in what appear to be mug shots – never the pleasant, smiling kind of cherubic photos that show Martin as the MSM wants him to appear.
- Further making this into a Black-White issue, the MSM continues to describe the neighborhood as a “mostly White gated community”. It is, in fact, 49% White.
- Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson have swooped in to join the publicity fray, with Jackson going so far as to call Martin “a martyr”. Philadelphia Mayor Nutter characterized the shooting as “an assassination.”
- The New Black Panther Party has posted a $10,000 bounty on Zimmerman. Will the government charge them with murder if Zimmerman is killed? Is this really any different from paying a hired killer?
- In the “Seldom Reported” category – a witness reported that Zimmerman was flat on the ground and screaming for help with Martin beating him; when police arrived, Zimmerman was bleeding from the face and back of his head and had a broken nose, and had grass stains on his back; Martin’s father listened to the 911 tape and stated that the person screaming for help was not his son.
- The neighborhood had experienced eight burglaries, nine thefts, and a shooting in just the last year. Zimmerman actually caught one thief and aided in the apprehension of others. Zimmerman’s black neighbor was interviewed and included the remark that most of those criminals were black. How often was that reported?
- Barack Hussein Obama – the man claiming the title of President – has added his weight to the crusade against George Zimmerman. He said, “… we’re going to get to the bottom of what happened.”
- Democratic Senator Charles Schumer, always ready to shred basic rights, has asked Eric Holder’s Justice (sic) Department to investigate the “Stand Your Ground” laws that are now in effect in 23 states.
- Those who are heading up this mob are making accusations that are simply not supported by evidence. Quite simply, they are backing themselves into a corner such that they cannot gracefully backtrack should evidence prove them wrong (remember that thing called “evidence”?). This is reminiscent of the mob rule involving the Duke Lacrosse team hoax, the Tawana Brawley rape hoax, and others of lesser renown. When these race hustlers are faced with evidence that shows them to be liars, they seldom, if ever, back down and admit they were wrong. Instead, they quietly claim that they were right all along and the White supremacist conspiracy is at work, or some such nonsense.
- When Blacks (or anyone else being manipulated by the Left) are demanding “justice”, it pays to look very closely at exactly what they mean by “justice”. It is almost always “justice for someone”. Justice, by definition, is neutral. You cannot have justice for someone without also having injustice against someone else. You either have justice or you don’t. You cannot have justice for Trayvon Martin without having injustice against George Zimmerman.
Let me wrap this up with a brief vignette of what is happening and how the main stream media has so grossly abused the protections they claim under the First Amendment. Our son is a restaurant manager in a town near Sanford. One day, a reporter from Orlando came in and in casual conversation mentioned that he had just come from covering the story of a rally in support of Trayvon Martin (i.e., a mob wanting to lynch George Zimmerman). When asked what it was all about, the reporter explained that it was a rally in support of Trayvon Martin, who was gunned down “in cold blood” by a White man, and the police did not arrest him. When our son said, “OK, I’ve heard about that, now what is the other side of the story?” the reporter said, “There is no other side of the story. That is what happened.” His words were “in cold blood”; if his statements don’t make your blood run cold, then you haven’t been paying attention.
Again, I don’t know what really happened. What I do know is that this is yet another example following the pattern of Rodney King and O. J. Simpson, where Blacks are demanding “justice” and meaning anything but justice. Before this is over, the politicians are going to put their pandering in high gear and do whatever they have to do to see that George Zimmerman is sent to jail. Does he deserve jail? I don’t know, but I see plenty of room for reasonable doubt, which is exactly why the Sanford Police followed the law and did not arrest George Zimmerman. What I do know is that in this Bread and Circus atmosphere, George Zimmerman will not get a fair trial and the full force of the government will be used to appease the Black community at all costs.
This is an election year, the economy is heading off a cliff, the politicians need a good distraction, there are election year conventions scheduled, and the media is working overtime stirring up more racial conflict. It is going to be a long, hot summer.
END OF ORIGINAL POST
I am planning to just add any further commentary on this issue as edits to this post rather than adding new posts. While this has the potential to become an incredibly important issue, it is not the focus of Confederate Colonel, and I don’t want to take it too far off track. Unless the situation escalates to the point that a new post is called for, we’ll just leave it at this.
April 2, 2012
NBC News has announced that it will conduct “an internal investigation” after being caught intentionally altering audio from the 911 tape to make George Zimmerman appear to be motivated by racial rather than rational criteria.
What NBC broadcast on the “NBC Today Show”:
Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.
The actual conversation:
Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.
Dispatcher: OK, and this guy – is he black, white or Hispanic?
Zimmerman: He looks black.
For an organization that claims to be practicing responsible journalism, this is so over-the-top propaganda that NBC should no longer have any kind of credibility at all. They have all the professionalism of the supermarket tabloids.
This news article provides more evidence that this may truly be turning into mob rule. We are facing a situation where the behavior of unruly mobs of Blacks is threatening the rule of law. There are plenty of honorable civilized leaders among the Black community; the question is, will we see a “Black community” or a “Black mob“? For the Black community, it is decision time – prove that you truly believe the rule of law is better than the rule of the mob.
04/05/2012 – SANFORD, Fla. – The city of Sanford is preparing for the outcome of the special prosecutor’s decision about George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watchman who shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin but has not been charged.
Sanford Mayor Jeff Triplett said on Thursday that the city’s emergency management team has met regularly with the U.S Department of Justice to construct a plan. Officials said extra police officers and fire department officials are on standby. Neighboring agencies have also been asked to assist, if needed.